Friday 1 May 2009

Comment on Darly's blog: racism

I think sometimes we can make comments that could sound racist without it even meaning to. It’s like if you moan about somebody that is a different colour to you, to somebody else, then it can sound as if you are being prejudice towards them purely because of where they come from, even though it has nothing to do with it. I watched the film Crash a few months ago, and at the beginning I didn’t understand it, but I do agree with what you said about it saying that everybody being slightly prejudice. I also think that it means that racism will always be there, however much society progresses. It chose very stereotypical scenarios to focus on; emphasising how people can be extremely narrow-minded and jump to conclusions about coloured, or even white people.
http://bom-bom12.blogspot.com/2009/04/racism.html

No comments:

Post a Comment