Thursday 2 April 2009

Bandits


OK, so the lecture on bandits raised two questions for me: the first being, should we condone characters like Robin Hood; stealing from the rich to give to the poor? After all its still theft. It doesn't exactly set a good example for those who we are trying to help. But really, is there any harm when it's deserved? It reminds me of the BBC programme Hustle, which I love. You know it's wrong, but you love nothing more than to see the bad guys successfully con their mark at the end.

Which brings me to my second question: why are bad guys so appealing? There is something about them that makes it sexy; Hustle again being a good example. Is it just me, or is there just an air of sexiness about the bad boy image that is really hard to walk away from?



No comments:

Post a Comment