Friday 20 February 2009

Stalking


There aren’t really many things that you can say about stalking are there? Obviously I don’t condone it, but I suppose it all depends on the scenario. For example, if you are following somebody because you fancy them and you just ‘happen’ to be in the same place as them by coincidence, is it really hurting anyone? As long as it doesn’t go any further than chance meetings, until they get the message, I can really see the harm (this is not something I have done, just for the record). On the other hand, if it gets too serious, then it’s really scary; the feeling that you have got eyes on you all of the time, can not be a good feeling. But to be honest, I really don’t see the point in stalking. Why waste so much time and energy following someone around to get them to like you or to achieve something? All it is going to result in is a scared recipient, a criminal conviction and a restraining order.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it depends how bad the stalking is, as to how bad it is. I mean if it’s just a case of going somewhere you know someone may be, or checking their face book profiles or something, it's not that bad. The other person probably won't even notice what you are doing. Not that I have done this!
    However if the stalking becomes obsessive, as in everywhere you go, someone is behind you. I can imagine this is very frightening, and is an invasion of privacy.
    I completely agree that the whole thing is a waste of time. Following someone around, is going to get you nowhere, all you will achieve is end up freaking the person out. Not to mention, as pointed out, a criminal record, and restraining order.
    When taken to far, stalking, is unreasonable and can be potentially be dangerous, to the victim of the stalking.

    ReplyDelete