Tuesday 17 February 2009

Smoking


Smoking is just one of those things; you either love it or hate it. Personally, I really don’t see what the big deal is with people who hate it. Its personal choice so deal with it and just move away from the smoke. People don’t die just because they are smokers; some can live up into their 90’s and have smoked for 50 years or more! When I was younger, I always wanted to be a smoker- I thought it looked so cool, and I still do. I thing smoking gives an aura of sophistication about you, you feel “cool” for doing it. In spite of all the health risks (which I'm not dismissing) it’s relaxing and a great way to meet new people!
I think the smoking ban was a ridiculous idea. Instead of making people quit, it has just forced people to stand out in the cold and then come inside smelling exactly the same as they would have if they were sitting in the comfort of a bar or club or wherever. If people are that desperate to get away from it, then why not just segregate places into smoking and non smoking areas? Seems like a win-win situation to me. The non-smokers are avoiding passive smokers, and the smokers are warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment